Operations Consultant – Operations Support
Job Code : 2948
An INGO in Sri Lanka is on the lookout for an “Operations Consultant” for a period of 6 months
- Assisting with the procurement process by vetting Vendor Forms and liaising with prospective vendors to obtain quotations and necessary documentation, under the direct supervision of the procurement focal points.
- Follow up with suppliers and delivery of goods and services.
- Assist in the documentation of procurement process and related payment process.
- Making all travel arrangements for UNFPA personnel, local travel ensuring compliance and conformity with the Travel policy requirements, maintaining updated Travel Database on regular basis for monitoring purposes, including ensuring preparation of timely Travel Authorization and in line with Office Travel Plan.
- Assist in the shipment and customs clearance procedures and other logistical arrangements related to the goods imported by UNFPA.
- Day-to-day maintenance of office premises and ensure timely provision of cleaning and maintenance services; services and repairs to office equipment and fixtures etc.
- Support in physical assets verification exercise, asset tagging, and updating assets and inventory databases.
- Registry duties of sorting out and directing incoming mail to appropriate staff members and completing e-filing of the same.
- Support in filing and archiving of hardcopy and softcopy documents related to procurement and operations, and updating the archives database.
Qualifications and experience
- Completion of Secondary level education is required (GCE A/L). First level (Bachelor’s) university degree in (mention the required relevant field of study) is desirable.
- Minimum five years of directly relevant strong work experience with GCE A/L. Four (4) years with a Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Prior experience in working with UN or development agencies is an asset.
- Proficiency in current MS Office software applications with advanced MS Excel skills and database management skills are required.
- Good planning and organizational skills including multi-tasking and time management
- Able to providing logistical support
- Fluency in spoken and written English and either Sinhala or Tamil
Interested candidates can send their CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply through our portal here.