Procurement Logistics Assistant
Job Code : 11661
The Sri Lankan country office of a UN Agency is on the lookout for a procurement logistics assistant.
- Support the Procurement Focal Point to carry out procurement processes for the Sri Lanka country office.
- Monitor and update the Response Plan of the Country Office, in consultation with the respective stakeholders, and ensure timely procurement action by respective parties.
- Ensure proper documentation of the procurement process, and facilitate the payment process for such procurements.
- Support the logistical arrangements related to international orders, including monitoring / tracking shipments and delivery schedules
- Provide logistical support in / and support the monitoring of program activities implemented by the organization
- Update the inventory and shipment tracking databases in liaison with the respective focal points;
- In consultation with the Operations Manager and Procurement Focal Point, proactively resolve issues and bottlenecks related to the procurement and delivery of the consignments.
- Liaise with the MSD to ensure that the necessary pre-clearances have been obtained from NMRA, DIEC, Sri Lanka Customs, Ministry of Finance and/or Department of Treasury, for the importation of such items. And where necessary, support in coordinating with such entities to speed up the pre-clearance process.
- Completed GCE Advanced Level is required.
- Degree, diplomas, certifications, or trainings in supply chain management, procurement and sourcing, or logistics is required.
- Fluency in English and Sinhala or Tamil is required.
- Minimum 6 years of progressive experience at the national or international level on provision of Procurement and Logistical Services is required.
- Experience with the UN, I/NGO, or other similar agency in handling procurement and logistics activities at a similar level / project will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of the UN or the International Public Procurement procedures would be an advantage.
Interested candidates can send their CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply through our portal here.
WhatsApp or contact us on: – +94 777 328 123 | +94 776 371 134