Data Sciences & Analytics Engineer (Data Engineering Track)
Job Code : 9143
The GSA of a highly prestigious international airline is on the lookout for a Data Sciences & Analytics Engineer.
- The data engineer is a software developer with strong software engineering skills who is responsible for building custom open-source-based data ingestion and MLOps platforms.
- He/she has deep appreciation of the complexity of the data engineering process, such as the challenges of data ingestion involving large or near-real-time datasets, the maintenance of high data quality, and the importance of automation for increasing pipeline robustness and reducing the need for human intervention.
- Be an effective distributed-system implementer in the following core activities:
- Design and develop data engineering services and their ecosystem using distributed databases (relational, columnar, graph, in-memory); orchestration (Apache Airflow); and distributed stream/batch data processing (Kafka, Kinesis, Spark).
- Design and develop MLOps production pipelines; provide technical support to data scientists/ML engineers by getting their ML/DL models deployed at scale and meeting SLAs on both cloud and on-premises GPU and CPU instances.
- Design data models for mission-critical, high-volume, near-real-time/batch data; build idempotent/atomic production data pipelines to make data ingestion more fault tolerant.
- Design and develop intuitive, highly automated, self-service data platform functions for business users.
- Explore, evaluate, and champion the introduction of next-generation technologies in the data-ingestion workflow.
- Participate in project planning and provide technical guidance on cloud architecture for data projects.
- Any other ad-hoc duties.
- This is an individual contributor role.
- BS in Computer Science or other related discipline is required. Advanced degrees in Computer Science (PhD, MS) are highly desirable.
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience in some or most of the following technical areas:
- Advanced programming skills in Python.
- Conversant with data structures and algorithm design.
- Experience in building data pipelines (including data collection, warehousing, processing, analysis, monitoring, and governance) using open-source data ingestion platforms.
- Intermediate-level knowledge and experience with AWS cloud components and best practices. Good understanding in deploying data stores such as S3, RedShift, Elasticache and PostgreSQL.
- Prior experience in modern software development is required (such as web frontend UI, backend API microservices, understanding of CI/CD and
- Scrum/Kanban agile development). Strong grasp on object-oriented or functional programming (using Python, Java, Scala, or C#).
Interested candidates can send their CV’s to email@example.com or apply through our portal here.